|Posted by Kelly Wallace on September 13, 2017 at 8:05 AM|
When you Astral Travel you (safely) leave your body, having an out-of-body-experience (OBE) and can go to the Astral Plane and meet up with your spirit guides, angels, and deceased relatives who can give you helpful information on many areas of your life, including your purpose.
Something fun about the Astral Plane is that it doesn’t operate as things do here on Earth. All you need to do is think of a place and you’re there. Any image you think of will materialize. That’s why this is such a good place to interact with loved ones who have passed, or even historical figures and celebrities who have crossed over. Why not have fun, right?
The first time you astral travel it will probably change you in many ways. Actually knowing that you’re outside of your physical body is pretty wild and can open your mind in ways you never thought possible. It’s like thinking life is only a straight line then finding out it’s truly a three-dimensional sphere.
For those who have already visited the Astral Plane it’s comforted them about the reality of physical death. Seeing the spirit world and how things operate there gives you a sense of peace and is very awe-inspiring. It’s good to know that you don’t just die, are put into the ground or cremated, and that’s that. Think of physical death like removing a sweater. Your Earth body is the sweater. Just because you remove that article of clothing doesn’t mean you stop existing.
Exercise to help you experience an OBE and visit the Astral Plane:
The following steps are not only easy, but when you’re finished you should feel relaxed and with a more positive outlook.
1. Go to a quiet room and lie down or sit. Be sure you’re comfortable and that it isn’t too noisy or bright in the room. You can play soothing music if this helps you relax. I typically put on nature sounds such as morning birds and gentle rain, or waves on the beach.
2. Close your eyes and focus on each area of your body and consciously relax it. Start from your toes and work your way up to the top of your head, all the while allowing your breathing to remain soft and even. Take as much time as you need to relax.
3. During this exercise you'll want to be protected from any negative experiences, so ask your spirit guide or angel to watch over you and guide you on the Astral Plane. Imagine a protective white light surrounding you and know that nothing negative can enter this bubble.
4. Once you feel relaxed focus on who you want to see or what you want to achieve while on your journey. For example, one time I wanted to talk with my grandmother to see how she was doing and to find out what life was like on the other side. Another time, I wanted to meet with one of my higher spirit guides to get some solutions to a major problem I was going through at the time.
5. Now, with your eyes still closed, visualize an open door some distance away in front of you. This door represents the pineal door of the third eye. In your mind, imagine yourself running toward the doorway and right through it. If you succeed in getting through the doorway you should notice that you’re surrounded by golden or white light. You will have successfully left your physical body!
6. Once you’re on the Astral Plane, let yourself go wherever your spirit guide takes you or wherever you choose to. It will probably take some time to get used to your surroundings, so just accept what happens. Remember, your spirit guide/angel will protect from any negative experiences. You are perfectly safe and will automatically return to your physical body when you’re ready. There’s no way you can get lost or be stuck on the Astral Plane since your living body and soul are connected by an invisible cord. You will always, always instantly be able to get back.
7. Take your time here. Look around. See what you can see. Experience the awe of being in this place where your soul feels so at home. The first time you go here you might feel so excited or even scared and it makes you come right back. Try not to feel too frustrated because over time you’ll get used to being “home” and will stay at long as you’d like.
8. You’ll know it’s time to come back to the here and now on Earth when things start feeling out of focus, you feel a pulling sensation, or your guide might let you know it’s time to leave. Coming back is quicker and easier than getting there. You just need to say goodbye to your guide, take a deep breath and let it out, open your eyes and stretch a bit. Don’t stand up right away since you might be a bit lightheaded after your trip.
9. When you return, write down in a journal or notebook what you experienced. Even if you only got a fleeting glimpse, only got feelings or heard something brief, write about it. This is so helpful in letting your subconscious know that it’s completely okay and normal to visit the Astral Plane.
Practice this daily or at least a few times a week. Over time you’ll see how many things you discover and how much you change mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Note: Some clients have wanted to know if they're really going to the Astral Plane or if it's just their imagination making it up. I always say that intuition and imagine are closely related and if you tap into one you're tapping into the other. Even if you don't quite believe you've truly had an OBE and visited the Astral Plane, if you keep practicing you'll instictively find your way there. It's in your soul, it's a natural part of you, it's where you came from and where you'll go again, you've just forgotten the way back and need to find it again.