We live in a world where wants have
replaced our true needs. We believe we “need” a new car, more
clothes or shoes or jewelry, a bigger home, an ideal body, a perfect
romantic partner, a high-paying job, and the list goes on. Talk about
pressure! And none of that is actually anything the human mind, body,
or soul actually needs. In reality, the list of human needs is very
Although the last two on the list aren't true needs for survival, they do make life happier and more fulfilled.
Sure, there's nothing wrong with being comfortable and having some nice things if this is what you like. But, chasing after a fantasy life can leave you depressed, stressed, and frustrated. If you've reached one goal, there's always another just beyond your grasp. Many times, when you finally get what you wanted you realize you're no happier or satisfied than you were before. That's because the yearning inside to accomplish something is usually tied in with the soul, not material items.
Whenever I find myself saying, “Oh! I need that!” I ask myself if it will really make me happy. Is this item or experience going to fulfill something that my life is lacking? Having the courage to ask yourself this and give an honest answer can lead to the realization that not many things will actually bring you happiness. At least, not in the long run.
A long-time friend of mine always has to buy the latest tech gadget and newest phone. In that moment, his purchase made him happy and even a little bit excited. But I've seen again and again that those feelings are short-lived and then he goes in search of the next new thing. Meanwhile, his credit cards are all maxed out and he has boxes and boxes of things he's bought in the past that he “really, really needed”.
Instead, ask yourself what will really bring you happiness. What do you truly need in your life right now? For some it might be financial security, for others it could be a job that's less stressful, or to pursue a path that's always interested you and will help you to grow.
Desire can create a whole lot of energy within you, and can fuel your dreams, but I've seen (and experienced) far too often that this ultimate happiness is always out of reach. And this type of energy can be dangerous and burns out quickly. We become slaves to the energy of pursuit. It can even become addicting for many people.
When I was younger I believed that having a better this or that or more of that or this would fulfill me. Instead, I just worked more hours than I needed to and stressed over the next material goal I felt I should be going after. Now I've learned to differentiate whether my desire for something is a want or need, something that comes from my human self or my spiritual self.
Long ago the need to get things such as food, a mate, or shelter was a driving need. Humans didn't have to think about it, they just went with gut-survival instincts. Although these are modern times, that primitive need to get things is still within is. Where before it was something that helped us to survive and thrive, now it tricks us into believing that we need to acquire more and more. This really throws off your energy field and can make you feel fearful or overly competitive.
You can never be at peace or be able to rest if you're always on this mad chase for more, more, more. True happiness is always out of reach. Society plays a big role in this as we get caught up in the marathon of achieving social status. It makes me think of the Christian Bale in the movie American Psycho. The more we acquire though, the worse your quality of life will become because you're ignoring the things you need to be happy. Sometimes, less is more.
For many people though, there comes a point in time where your soul rises up and new desires take over. Where before we were pursuing money and material things, a need to find ones true calling in life becomes stronger. This type of energy is the exact opposite of that wanting energy we've been talking about. For some, they might become more dissatisfied with their job, their health, relationship, or life in general.
One of my clients sold his million-dollar home and bought a trailer to travel the US and became a minimalist. Another client stopped her decades-long dating spree and realized she was happier being single and living alone. And a friend of mine realized that all the fast-food meals he craved daily no longer appealed to him and were in fact making him sick and fat. It's amazing how wonderfully life can change once you start listening to your true self.
Another thing I noticed in these people, in myself, and others who begin following their true essence is a shift in energy and outlook. There's a sense of peace, a new awareness, a feeling of being enveloped in bigger and brighter energy. This new energy comes directly from the heart and soul, rather from the outside world and your mind luring you get more. The void nearly all humans feel inside can only be filled with experiences—loving, learning, growing, exploring. All the stuff in the world could never do this.
Look at your life and see where you've accumulated too much that hasn't added to your overall happiness. Now ask yourself:
- What would my life be like if I stopped ____? (Fill in the blank.)
- What would true happiness look like? What/whom would it involve?
- What could I be doing if I wasn't always ____?
- In what way could I lovingly challenge myself?
By doing this, new energy can start to transform your life for the better. Old habits, old relationships, old beliefs will always limit you. Let go and open yourself up to new things you've wanted to do or maybe never imagined yourself doing. A have a client who quit her stressful job as a lawyer, moved to Greece, and became an author. She's never been happier.
Another thing you'll probably discover once you start following this new path is that your quality of life will improve. And by choosing to live a life of meaning (rather than materialism) I've found that it even seems to change one's brain chemistry so you feel happier, more content, and at peace. You're allowing your soul to naturally evolve to a higher level and you'll find yourself living at a new level of consciousness. When you're living life in this way you'll notice how life changes, relationships are mended, strengthened, or dissolved as needed, and others will probably notice positive changes in your personality. You'll be living life on your own terms rather than being persuaded by friends, family, or society.
a fact that what you think about most manifests in your life. While
that should be a good thing, we're usually bombarding ourselves with
fears, worries, and desperate thoughts—especially when it comes to
Even if you're meditating, repeating affirmations, and visualizing your heart out, in the core of you there's a fire brewing and it's fueled with financial anxiety. Energy always travels the path of least resistance. For years, decades, perhaps lifetimes, that money-scarcity mantra has worn a groove in your soul and this is the path your energy takes.
So, how do you change so many years of poor financial programming?
Accept and Believe -
Yes, accept and believe that money is flowing into your life. I know this seems difficult or even silly. After all, if you're broke or barely making ends meet how can you convince yourself that money is freely and effortlessly flowing into your life? At first your mind is going to reject anything you do to try to change it. It's going to hold on to those old thinking habits with iron-like talons because it's all you've known and change is scary, especially to the subconscious.
Another way to get your mind to accept your new thoughts and start manifesting money is to get a journal and write down every bit of money that comes your way. Even if you find a nickel in the parking lot, write it down and thank the universe. The more you start noticing the money in your life it won't seem as scarce and the more easily you'll attract it.
Positive Focus -
One other way to reprogram your subconscious is to focus more on what you do have in your life that brings you happiness or comfort. Life is rarely 100% awful and lacking. We all have positive things and positive people around us. Also, be sure to center your mind on what you'd like in your future then say this affirmation out loud. For example, something I would say to myself was, “I really enjoy being able to work from home. I spend more time with my family and I feel more relaxed. I'm making a comfortable living doing work I love.”
In time these new thought habits will become normal and your old thought habits will become the ones your mind rejects. I'm living proof that with determination life can be smoother and you will create the abundance you've always wanted.
Light and blessings...
Do you suffer from anxiety or panic attacks? If so, these are common signs that your soul and spirit are growing and changing!
Spiritual growth is something a lot of us want to pursue, but when changes occur we tend to fight against them. As creatures of habit, we like things to stay the way they are, even if we want to be happier and healthier.
When the spirit and soul start waking up and changing it eventually affects your emotions, your mind, and body. You might not understand why you're suddenly feeling weird and why you begin experiencing panic attacks or anxiety. You might break out in a sweat and start having palpitations. When you try to sleep you have nightmares or insomnia. Life feels turned upside down and you just want to feel normal again.
The reason this happens is because your higher self is trying to help you heal and grow. Anxiety and the other symptoms I just talked about pop up because you’re resisting the clearing process. You sense that changes are taking place and some part of your mind rebels against it. Your soul wants to be whole and aligned, but when the fragmented parts rise to the surface either to be healed or released, we sense it as danger. The fight-or-flight response kicks in and you have no idea what to do.
How To Calm Your Mind, Body, and Spirit
The main thing I want you to remember is that this will pass. It might feel like you're dying, going crazy, can't breathe, can't sit still or can't get going, and nothing will ever be good again. This is temporary!
1. When you feel your anxiety levels rising, remind yourself that this is simply fragmented energy flowing through you and it will soon pass. If you can, go some place where you can be alone for a few minutes to do this exercise. Your bedroom, a park, or any other quiet and safe place is ideal, but I've done this sitting in the car or even a bathroom stall.
2. Take a slow breath in for the count of 4, hold for the count of 7, and let it out for the count of 8. Do this until you feel better. For me, I sometimes only have to do it three times and other times it might be ten or more. Often, this is enough to break the cycle and help you relax.
3. Once your anxiety level has come down a few notches breathe naturally while visualizing a white or gold healing light being sent to you from your loving spirit guides or angels. Imagine the light entering through the top of your head, slowly filling each part of you until it reaches your toes.
4. Now, send the healing energy to any place within you that feels dark, stuck, or off in some way. Repeat to yourself, “I allow my energy to change and heal for my own highest good. I live my life from a place of love, success, and happiness. All is well.”
After doing that short exercise, you might notice your energy shifting to a higher, more positive vibrational state right away, or it may take days or even weeks. It all depends on the amount of healing taking place inside, how confident you are with your spiritual process, and how deep of an awakening you experience. You could have one huge spiritual awakening all at once or it may come to you in phases throughout time. In my life, I've had a few larger ones with many small ones in between.
At other times an anxiety attack may be due to your aura field suddenly vibrating at such a high frequency that you need to find a way to slow it down a bit. A few good ways to release this pent-up energy is to go for a walk, dance, sing, exercise, meditate, or take a warm bath.
Refuse to Sabotage Your Growth
While going through your spiritual growth phases, you need to be very aware of your thoughts and self-talk. At this point you're changing at such a fast rate and have more power than you can imagine. It’s at these times that negative self-talk and negative actions make the most impact and can undo everything you’ve been working toward.
When you catch your fearful lower-self trying to sabotage your efforts, gently send it love as you would to a small child. Thank that worried or angry or scared voice for sharing with you, then send healing light to it. In time these darker parts of you will heal and you’ll find yourself manifesting the life you deserve and desire.
Light and blessings...
We humans love to control things, don't we?
Yet, every time you try to
control others or believe they have control over you, it creates
struggle and stagnation. The truth is, nobody can make you
feel a certain way unless you allow them to.
Each time you notice yourself tensing up or becoming stressed it's because you're trying to control something or someone, or believe they're controlling you. By reminding yourself that control is just an illusion, you can release those thoughts and ultimately feel a sense of peace.
Sometimes we need to surrender all control, step back, and let the Universe go to work, even if we don’t always understand it. Not an easy thing to do, yet it's an absolute must if you want to have a happier and healthier life.
I've always been a huge control freak and letting go is something I work on every day. I tell myself that the only things I can control are my own thoughts, actions, and reactions. Whenever I encounter a person or situation that stresses me, yet I have no control over, I take a deep breath, let it out, and tell myself, “Just … let … go."
Very often this helps to put me in a different mindset and I no longer feel as constricted. Have you ever noticed how tight your body and thoughts feel when you want things to go a certain way?
If someone does something that truly hurts you communication is important. Let them know you feel sad or upset by their words or actions. Then, ask them to change their behavior if you feel it isn't acceptable to your highest good and the good of the relationship. You shouldn't have to go through life just putting up with things because you feel "that's just the way it is".
If the person refuses to modify their behavior or you can't modify yours (in a healthy way!) ask yourself if this is a situation you truly want to be in; whether a relationship or a job or anything else. Make the decision to let go of your negative feelings then either compromise, agree to disagree, or part ways.
Yes, releasing control means accepting people for who they are but loving yourself means you won't allow yourself to be controlled. You receive what you give out. You manifest everything in your life. Each second gives you another opportunity to make positive changes.
Only then will you be in control of your life, meeting your own needs, and in return you won't hold on to resentment or frustration. Those who matter most will respect and love you more and those who remain self-centered will fade from your life.
Light and blessings...
Everyone that comes into your life has something to teach you and you can teach them something as well.
I have a small journal that I make notes in every time I meet someone and talk to them for a while. Not every single person, but someone who came into my life for any length of time, even if it's just a few weeks. There are also people that I met for only a few minutes that had an impact on me. I write down their name if I know it, and what I learned from them.
It doesn't have to be only spiritual things I've learned; it could be practical things too. I remember a harsh lesson I learned from my first landlord when I was 16. She came to the door for the rent and I didn't have all of the money because I had gone grocery shopping. She gave me an extension and told me this: "Always remember to pay your rent first, your bills second, and if there's money left over then you buy food. If you're really lucky you might have some left over for savings and to have some fun." She was a tough woman, and I know she just wanted her rent money, but it was a good lesson that kept me out of debt my whole life and all bills paid on time.
Another person I met showed me how to rewire a lamp using an extension cord. A chance meeting with a total stranger saved me from buying a house I didn't really want. A close friend of mine urged me to start offering my readings online and without his advice I might never have done it.
You see, everyone can
have some sort of positive significance in our lives, even if they
aren't in it for very long or they seem negative. As souls in a human
body we're here to learn and love and help. Think about some of the people you've come in contact with and what you've learned from them that has helped you. Keep your notes in a special journal and over time you'll see just how many people have touched your life!
Light and blessings...
For too many years, any
time my finances started doing better they somehow nosedived not long
after. I thought I was doing the right things and thinking the right
way. I'd finally have some breathing room, bills were paid, money was
saved, but it never lasted. I felt like a dog chasing my tail most of
the time! I didn't realize that deep inside I had money blocks.
Here are two of the most common obstacles to attracting financial wealth. As you read this, be honest with yourself and try to pinpoint exactly where your money road blocks stem from.
This is the biggest money block we humans face. We might tell ourselves that we aren't jealous of another person's wealth, but at some level feelings of envy, sadness, perhaps even anger are brewing. I'm guilty of this very thing. In the past, I would see people who obviously had a lot of money since they drove a new, expensive car, wore fancy designer clothes, had huge homes in fabulous neighborhoods, and ate at the best restaurants. In a way, I believed I looked down on them, thinking they weren't very spiritual. There was no way they could truly be happy since they were clearly materialistic.
But where did that get me? Those negative thoughts turned into emotion which eventually turned into a big, fat money roadblock for me. I was telling myself that money was bad. That it would inflate my ego and turn me into a spendthrift. And, secretly, I was jealous of these people who seemed to have absolutely no financial problems. How in the world would I ever be financially stable if my mind and soul believed these negative things? As you can guess, money was always hard to come by and once I did have it, subconsciously I was doing everything I could to get rid of this “bad” thing. Ugh, what a vicious cycle to be in.
How do you truly feel when you see wealthy people? If any negative feelings come up it shows that you're sending out this dark energy as it relates to money. Since like attracts like, manifesting money will be incredibly difficult or fleeting at best. If you don't like what someone's doing with their money or their life, remember that it's their path but doesn't have to be yours. Send them positive energy and blessings. Send thoughts of abundance to everyone around you.
2. Your Relationships
Your ability to manifest money is also closely linked to the quality of your relationships. Do you surround yourself with positive people? They don't have to be wealthy, but a flow of positive energy in your life lifts your aura up, making it easier to attract more of what you want. If there are one or more people you spend time with who bring you down, stress you out, or leave you feeling tense or drained, think twice if you want to keep them in your life. Their negative energy will cling to you and affect your overall success.
I got to experience this financial block firsthand in both of my marriages. Since I'm nurturing to the core I seemed to attract men who were struggling in their lives. Both had terrible financial problems and it affected me as well. No matter how hard I tried, it was as if my aura was a wealth repellent! Once I dumped them I found that money flowed more freely in my life.
Think about the people you spend time with, whether friends, relatives, or your significant other. What type of energy do they give off and how is this affecting you? It might be easy to tell yourself that they have no influence on your own energy field. But, when you think of negativity like garbage, it's easy to see how it can pile up and pollute your aura. Without a strong and positive aura field it will prevent you from manifesting money no matter how hard you try.
Light and blessings...
Exercises to Ward Off Energy Predators
Poisonous people can leave you feeling physically weak and emotionally down. It's a problem that won't go away as long as you're around them. Since they can't keep their own internal energy going, they need to siphon it away from others. Maybe you know an energy predator or want to be prepared when you come across one. If so, let me show you a few simple ways to protect and cleanse yourself. Most of these you can do anywhere at any time. All are very quick and easy.
1. If you begin feeling "off" in any way this could be a sure sign that someone is trying to deplete your energy. Look at who you're with at the moment and try to identify the psychic vampire as soon as possible.
By doing this you'll immediately empower yourself. Most psy-vamps rely on their victim being unaware that they're draining their energy.
2. Do your best to avoid being around any known energy drainers, or keep your interaction to a minimum.
3. If possible, stay away from negative environments where these types of people gather. Trust me, they are everywhere!
Years ago, I had joined a crochet club. Sounds pretty harmless, right? After my third meeting with them and going home feeling irritable and drained to my very soul, I realized there were too many negative people in it. Outwardly, they all seemed perfectly nice, but my intuitive alarms were going off like crazy and I stopped going. I felt like a load had been lifted from me!
Protecting and Cleansing Yourself:
4. Carry a black stone with you to protect against psychic attacks. Black tourmaline, which wards off negative energy, is especially good, but any dark stone will repel or dissolve negative energies. Other good stones are: Smoky quartz, hematite, jet, black onyx, black obsidian, and Apache tear. I have several dark stones and usually let my intuition guide me when choosing which one to stick in my pocket. Keep the stone close to you since it works best being within your aura field.
5. Carry rose quartz which replaces negative feelings with positive ones. I like putting a dark stone in one front pocket and rose quartz in the other.
6. Take a daily shower since moving water helps to cleanse negative energy from your aura. Have you ever noticed how good you feel after a shower?
7. Keep your own energy system strong by eating healthy, exercising a bit every day, drinking herbal tea, doing yoga or meditation, and surrounding yourself with positive people.
8. Each day before you get out of bed do a short visualizations and affirmation, claiming your personal power. Close your eyes and imagine your aura all around you. It can be any color you like. Your higher self will know which color to pick. Visualize your aura being bright and encompassing you completely. Then say out loud or to yourself, "I am empowered. My personal energy belongs to me. I deflect all negative energy. I am strong. I am safe." Smile and open your eyes. Do this any time you feel your energy starting to dip.
9. Do all you can to make your life as happy and healthy as possible. Energy drainers find it difficult, if not impossible, to steal from positive people.
You never have to be the victim of a psychic vampire. You can do many things to block them and strengthen your own energy field. You're far more powerful than you realize so put that power to work for you rather than giving it up to others.
If you want to know more about energy predators and how to spot them, increase your intuition, and heal, cleanse, and protect yourself, get my book Psychic Vampires today!
Light and blessings...
Daily Check-In Exercise:
Before I get out of bed every morning I rummage through the thoughts in my head and share them with my angels. Trust me, sometimes I whine and complain a lot!
Most of the time my complaints are minor irritations currently bothering me, though some are biggies reaching back all the way to childhood or relationships I was in decades ago. But that’s okay, our angels are patient and loving. They want to hear it all.
Once I go over everything I ask them to help me be my best self and to send me positive energy and their love for the day. Sometimes I can literally feel a warmth wrap around me like a soothing light. I then release my worries and leave it in their hands. After all, what good is all that negativity going to do me? Stressing and worrying never solved anything.
This daily check-in only takes a few minutes but can really change your entire day, and soon your entire life. Instead of pushing things to the back of your mind where it all piles up like a hoard of negativity, you can vent to your angels.
Just purge all those sad, depressed, worried, weak, frustrated, confused thoughts. Cry if you want to. Laugh if you feel like it. I’ve done both at the same time! When you don’t feel any more words or feelings coming to you, take a slow, deep breath in then let it out just as slowly. Thank your angels, smile, and say, “Today’s going to be a (great/productive/calm) day!” Whatever you wish your day to be, tell yourself that’s how it’s going to be.
I know this might seem a bit too easy, but working with your angels shouldn’t be difficult, it should be natural. Just a couple of minutes checking in with them in the morning is an amazing way to get yourself into the right frame of mind for the upcoming day and to remind yourself that your angels are always with you.
Light and blessings...
As a professional psychic counselor for over 20 years who specializes in love and life issues, I see how hard it is for many of my clients to find true love. For most people it might not be difficult to get dates or be in short-term relationships, but it’s incredibly hard to find “the one.”
First dates may go along wonderfully but never turn into anything long-term. Or, new relationships that seemed to have so much hope crashed and burned, joining the wreckage of the past.
Others find it almost impossible to even attract potential dates and spend months, years, even decades being alone, hoping and praying that their soulmate will find them at long last. Still others have completely given up on ever finding true love and have simply decided to stay in a cold or dysfunctional relationship or remain alone.
We can convince ourselves we don’t need a life partner by our side, and maybe we don’t. But you know what? It’s something we want. It’s natural for our human selves and our spiritual selves to want someone kind and loving and compatible to share our life with. A soulmate won’t complete you or make you happy, but a soulmate can add to your happiness and help you reach your full potential, just as you would do for them. Here are three spiritual steps to attract love.
Attracting Love Exercise:
1. You need to know what you really want. If you aren’t in a relationship right now or aren’t in a healthy relationship, it’s because you don’t have a clear idea of what you truly want in a partner.
Some people feel that anyone will do, so they attract relationships that will never work out because the other person isn’t a good match. Or, they want someone that exists only in their fantasies. Let's be realistic here. What do you really want in a soulmate and in a relationship? Get a journal or open a blank page on your phone or computer and write down the top ten things that you absolutely need in a relationship to be happy. When you're done, read that list out loud to yourself. Read it every day. Commit it to memory.
2. Every morning when you wake up and every night before you go to bed allow yourself a few minutes to visualize your ideal relationship. This would be a stable, healthy, loving union, not absolute perfection that doesn’t exist.
Envision yourself already with this person, the things you’d do together, how you’d feel, and any other details you want to add to your vision of love. The mind works in a funny way; if you visualize yourself already having this wonderful love, your angels will get to work at attracting it in your real life because they know you’re ready. Someone who isn’t ready for love can’t visualize already being in love.
3. Take action every day. Whether you start working on your health, wearing nicer clothes, taking classes, sprucing up your home, being more confident, or a combination of these, you need to act on it daily.
By doing positive things for yourself and your life you’re showing your higher self and your angels that you’re serious about welcoming love into your life. Think of this as spring cleaning for the soul. Nothing happens unless you make it happen and by preparing yourself and your life for love to walk in you have a much better chance of attracting it.
These three steps seem simple enough, right? You can attract love and so much more when you put your mind to it and act toward it. Once you do, you’ll be working with your angels rather than sitting back and letting them do it all for you.
This information is my book Finding Love - How Your Angels Can Help You Attract Your Ideal Partner
Light and blessings...
is filled with so many things we must do and need to do that by the end of the
day you probably haven't even tackled half of what you'd intended. Nurturing
your own wants and needs seems so selfish and we often ignore our mental,
physical, and emotional health while spiritual health rarely enters our mind.
Everything within you is connected: heart, mind, body and soul. If you aren't taking care of even just one of these it will affect all others. The result is a life filled with stress, aches and pains, financial/relationships/health problems, and a long list of other negatives that seem never-ending.
Then again, maybe your life is okay, but you want more. Perhaps everything has become stagnant and you operate on auto-pilot most days. Would it surprise you to know that meditation can change all of that?
If you've never meditated before or only tried it here or there, I want you to know that one short daily session will be the greatest thing you've ever done for yourself. Best of all, it's free. There are many studies that have shown how meditation can help boost your immune system, relieve stress, increase creativity, influence relationships, and so much more. On the spiritual side of things meditation can help you find your life purpose, tap into past lives, connect with your spirit guides and angels, and strengthen your intuition.
For some people though, just the thought of meditating can cause stress. After all, who wants to sit for long periods of time with a completely empty mind? I feel this is the biggest reason most people never try or stick with mediation; they think it's difficult or boring and so it must be completely lacking in any benefits. If you feel this way, or just wonder how to make meditation easier, let me share a few tips with you.
1. Your daily treat. Instead of thinking about your daily meditation as something you must do and difficult techniques you need to learn, consider it "me time" to just relax and unwind. Something you'll look forward to each day rather than feeling that it's an obligation.
2. Keep it simple. I've known people who have created such detailed and time-consuming rituals around their meditation sessions it's no wonder most of us get scared off. All you really need is a quiet place to sit and a few minutes of alone time.
3. Just be. While meditating you don't really have to focus on anything unless you want to. You can just sit with your eyes closed, take a few cleansing breaths, and allow yourself to be in the moment.
4. Don't stress. Meditation should be relaxing, uplifting, and even inspirational. You can release tension, get in a better frame of mind, and even come up with new ideas to solve problems or how to pursue a goal. Stressing yourself out over how to meditate and what you believe should happen once you do it will take away any positive outcome. Just go with it and enjoy the process. Over time you'll notice that it becomes easier and more fulfilling.
5. Forget the clock. As long as you make it a point to meditate every day, it doesn't matter when you do it, where you do it, or for how long. On rare occasions I've meditated for 45 minutes or longer. Other times I've done a quick one-minute meditation. Usually, I meditate for 10-15 minutes. After awhile you'll figure out what works best for you. The point is to never make it an obligatory routine. Instead, consider it a rejuvenating time-out from everyday life.
6. Get creative. Meditation doesn't only have to be sitting with your eyes closed focusing on nothing in particular. Going for a walk, drawing, painting, dancing, Tai Chi, listening to or playing beautiful music…all of these are forms of meditation, though a more active variety. Anything that heightens your awareness and promotes feelings of well-being can be considered meditation.
As time goes on you'll find your own unique ways of meditating. It's your experience that counts, and anything that helps you quiet your mind, become more aware, and achieve a higher state of happiness is what's important. Meditation shouldn't be following a strict set of rules. Instead, it's what you make of it. Find your own path to self-discovery.
Light and blessings...
Too many people are stuck in a cycle of negative thinking. "I know I'm sick, overweight, in a bad relationship, have a terrible job, am broke, etc., but it's my karma. Nothing I can do about it." That's usually followed by a shrug and a grimace. Nonsense! You can do something about karma right here and now. How?
1. Try to be "awake" as often as possible.
A lot of times we go through our days in a sort of half-trance and don't pay attention to what we're doing and saying. By living in the here and now as much as possible, you have a better chance of making more positive decisions, helping others when they need it, offering a word of praise or a compliment, and the like. How good do you feel when someone compliments you? You probably feel great, so why not start complimenting at least one person per day, if not more?
2. Correct any wrongs in your life that you're able to.
If you feel guilty about not spending enough time with your kids or partner, don't put it off any longer. No more excuses! Housework, your career, problems, bills and other things will still be there an hour from now so take time out to enjoy the ones who mean the most to you. If you need to lose weight or exercise...start now, not tomorrow, not Monday, not when you have more money. Now! If something happened years ago and you can't resolve it with this person, at least acknowledge what happened, forgive yourself, and send a mental prayer to this person asking for forgiveness or to at least let things go.
3. Volunteer your time.
I know, you're probably thinking, "Are you kidding? I barely have enough time to breathe let alone volunteer!" I'm not talking about spending hours and hours each week in a nursing home visiting the elderly. (Though if you have the time to do it, they would love it.) But there are small things you can do once a week or even once a month to help spread goodwill and positive energy. You could go through your home once a month and donate items to a local shelter, Goodwill or Salvation Army. If you sew, crochet or knit you could donate blankets to Project Linus (one of my favorite charities.) Or simply help out an elderly neighbor or relative once a week. You could even teach a child to cook. Anything that creates an aura of positive energy will help cleanse karma.
4. For the bigger karmic influences at work in your life.
Sit down and be honest with yourself. If you tend to attract the same negative type of relationship, money slips through your fingers, or you keep adding on the pounds, you need to face this demon head-on. It's not going to go away. Make a list of the negative things you do that keep adding to this karmic snowball then make another list of how you can correct it. Be realistic though; your karmic debt won't go away over night, so make small changes at first then tackle bigger ones over time. Who knows, you may have been carrying this karma around for a thousand years! Don't be too hard on yourself if you don't release it all within a week. Slow and steady wins the race. As long as you're moving forward on a positive path, you'll get past this karmic crud.
A couple more things to keep in mind is to take more chances, smile more often, grab opportunities as they arise, and have an optimistic outlook. Bad times don't last, but good people do!
Are you stuck, curious, worried or confused? No matter what your current situation is, it can always be better. Let me help you get to that place in life where you can breathe a sigh of relief and know that things are finally going your way. Or maybe just answer some questions that have been on your mind.
Light and blessings...
When you Astral Travel you (safely) leave your body, having an out-of-body-experience (OBE) and can go to the Astral Plane and meet up with your spirit guides, angels, and deceased relatives who can give you helpful information on many areas of your life, including your purpose.
Something fun about the Astral Plane is that it doesn’t operate as things do here on Earth. All you need to do is think of a place and you’re there. Any image you think of will materialize. That’s why this is such a good place to interact with loved ones who have passed, or even historical figures and celebrities who have crossed over. Why not have fun, right?
The first time you astral travel it will probably change you in many ways. Actually knowing that you’re outside of your physical body is pretty wild and can open your mind in ways you never thought possible. It’s like thinking life is only a straight line then finding out it’s truly a three-dimensional sphere.
For those who have already visited the Astral Plane it’s comforted them about the reality of physical death. Seeing the spirit world and how things operate there gives you a sense of peace and is very awe-inspiring. It’s good to know that you don’t just die, are put into the ground or cremated, and that’s that. Think of physical death like removing a sweater. Your Earth body is the sweater. Just because you remove that article of clothing doesn’t mean you stop existing.
Exercise to help you experience an OBE and visit the Astral Plane:
The following steps are not only easy, but when you’re finished you should feel relaxed and with a more positive outlook.
1. Go to a quiet room and lie down or sit. Be sure you’re comfortable and that it isn’t too noisy or bright in the room. You can play soothing music if this helps you relax. I typically put on nature sounds such as morning birds and gentle rain, or waves on the beach.
2. Close your eyes and focus on each area of your body and consciously relax it. Start from your toes and work your way up to the top of your head, all the while allowing your breathing to remain soft and even. Take as much time as you need to relax.
3. During this exercise you'll want to be protected from any negative experiences, so ask your spirit guide or angel to watch over you and guide you on the Astral Plane. Imagine a protective white light surrounding you and know that nothing negative can enter this bubble.
4. Once you feel relaxed focus on who you want to see or what you want to achieve while on your journey. For example, one time I wanted to talk with my grandmother to see how she was doing and to find out what life was like on the other side. Another time, I wanted to meet with one of my higher spirit guides to get some solutions to a major problem I was going through at the time.
5. Now, with your eyes still closed, visualize an open door some distance away in front of you. This door represents the pineal door of the third eye. In your mind, imagine yourself running toward the doorway and right through it. If you succeed in getting through the doorway you should notice that you’re surrounded by golden or white light. You will have successfully left your physical body!
6. Once you’re on the Astral Plane, let yourself go wherever your spirit guide takes you or wherever you choose to. It will probably take some time to get used to your surroundings, so just accept what happens. Remember, your spirit guide/angel will protect from any negative experiences. You are perfectly safe and will automatically return to your physical body when you’re ready. There’s no way you can get lost or be stuck on the Astral Plane since your living body and soul are connected by an invisible cord. You will always, always instantly be able to get back.
7. Take your time here. Look around. See what you can see. Experience the awe of being in this place where your soul feels so at home. The first time you go here you might feel so excited or even scared and it makes you come right back. Try not to feel too frustrated because over time you’ll get used to being “home” and will stay at long as you’d like.
8. You’ll know it’s time to come back to the here and now on Earth when things start feeling out of focus, you feel a pulling sensation, or your guide might let you know it’s time to leave. Coming back is quicker and easier than getting there. You just need to say goodbye to your guide, take a deep breath and let it out, open your eyes and stretch a bit. Don’t stand up right away since you might be a bit lightheaded after your trip.
9. When you return, write down in a journal or notebook what you experienced. Even if you only got a fleeting glimpse, only got feelings or heard something brief, write about it. This is so helpful in letting your subconscious know that it’s completely okay and normal to visit the Astral Plane.
Practice this daily or at least a few times a week. Over time you’ll see how many things you discover and how much you change mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Note: Some clients have wanted to know if they're really going to the Astral Plane or if it's just their imagination making it up. I always say that intuition and imagine are closely related and if you tap into one you're tapping into the other. Even if you don't quite believe you've truly had an OBE and visited the Astral Plane, if you keep practicing you'll instinctively find your way there. It's in your soul, it's a natural part of you, it's where you came from and where you'll go again, you've just forgotten the way back and need to find it again.
Exploring your past lives can help resolve some of the issues you face in your current life. Even if you don’t fully believe that past lives are real, an invention only of your mind, they can still point you in the right direction in resolving your problems.
Recently I did a past life reading for a client and she wondered why she repeated the pattern of getting into relationships with emotionally abusive men. During the reading I uncovered one life where she was a father under a lot of stress during the Great Depression. In that life his wife had died and he was raising four boys on his own.
He loved them dearly, but the pressure he was under had him lashing out at his kids more and more often. As the children got older and moved to other states, having no further contact with their bitter and explosive father, he saw the error of his ways and felt guilty, dying alone some twenty-years later.
In this current life she brought along that guilt and subconsciously inflicted karma upon herself. Getting together with emotionally abusive men was a form of self-punishment so she could eventually cleanse herself of this past life guilt. She wrote back to me and said that while reading my email she’d had tears in her eyes and felt this huge sense of relief. It was like a giant weight lifted from her shoulders and a part of her mind opened up.
I won’t lie and say that her relationships changed over night, but she was more aware of why she was choosing these negative relationships. Very soon she began attracting men that lifted her up rather than putting her down and eventually married someone wonderful. All of this because of past life exploration!
Through my years of helping people uncover their past lives and offering techniques to move forward and do more exploration on their own, I’ve seen again and again how this has benefited every single person that’s done it. There are reasons why you act and react the way you do, and why you follow certain patterns that might not be healthy or happy. Uncovering your past lives can heal all of it.
Check out my book Clear Your Karma - The Healing Power of Past Lives. Uncover all of your past lives and see what lessons you can learn and talents you can uncover. Heal from your past and present mistakes and never repeat them again!
I also offer Past Life Readings. When I do a past life reading I'll focus on two of your past lives that are most important for you to know about at this time. I'll get names, descriptions, the time period, geographical area, the lessons you need to learn, any traumas, and other details. I will relay everything so you can get the most help and guidance from the reading.
I look forward to reading for you!
Using The Tarot
When you’re first starting out on your path of past life self-discovery, an easy way to uncover some details yet not get too overwhelmed is through using the tarot. I won’t go into any detail on actually reading the tarot since I’ve done that in my book: Intuitive Tarot - Read The Tarot Instantly. In fact, for this exercise you don’t need to know a single thing about reading the cards, you just need to use a deck you already have or go out and find one that seems to call to you.
Choosing A Card Deck
When looking for a deck of tarot cards it’s important to take your time. Yes, you can rely on the well-known Rider-Waite deck and you won’t go wrong with that, but it’s more personal if you find cards that really appeal to you. Take a look online before purchasing a deck though because you want to be sure that there are pictures for all 78 cards. Many decks will only have pictures or scenes for the first 22 and then the rest will only consist of 8 Cups or 10 Swords, and so on. You want a deck with good visual appeal so the images can help bring out those hidden past life memories.
Once you bring your cards home be sure to shuffle them at least a dozen times. Better yet, spread them out on the floor or on your bed, mix them around with your hands so they get good and shuffled, then put them back together. This is known as the Cauldron Shuffle.
Choosing A Spread
You don’t need a special tarot spread when trying to uncover your past lives through these cards since the symbols, scenes, animals, people, colors, and numbers are usually enough. However, if you want something to go on, you could lay out some cards and have them represent:
Good memory/Bad Memory/Karmic Lesson
Event 1/Event 2/Event 3
You could create an endless number of three-card spreads to represent any one of your past lives, but for right now choose one from the above list that interests you most or think of three other things you’d like to find out.
Uncovering Your Past Lives
Once you have a deck of cards, a pen, a journal to make notes in, and the three areas you’re most interested in looking at, shuffle the deck three times and ask your higher self to send through information regarding an important past life. Now cut the deck three times, put it back together, and lay three cards in front of you. Make a note in your journal with the date and the three cards you got.
Let’s say you chose the Event 1/Event 2/Event 3 spread. Look at the first card and see what colors, symbols, or anything else capture your attention.
You could be looking at the first card and know it represents Event 1 and you drew The Chariot. Even if you know nothing about tarot, really look at the card. You can see that it represents movement, perhaps a vehicle, a person holding on tightly as they try to keep control over their mode of transportation. How could this pertain to a past life though? Just relax and let the image seep in. Let your higher self send through the past life information that will be helpful for you now.
Have you always been afraid to drive? Have you always wanted a nice car but can never afford it? Were you in a car accident because somehow you lost control of the wheel? Do you find it difficult to control your life in one or more areas?
Keep asking questions and looking at the card until something shifts inside of you. You’ll know when you hit upon a past life lesson or memory because you might get a sudden adrenaline surge, goosebumps, a chill, or a hot flush. The mind will pick up on the connection first, but you’ll most likely feel it in your body before anything else. Your brain will say to itself, “That’s it!” and send out chemicals that flood your body and make you take notice.
What if you keep looking at the card and nothing clicks into place? Try focusing on something else in the card such as a dominant color, the number, perhaps the time of year the card represents, the way a person looks, or an animal.
You can also write in your journal about this card and the figure or scene. Make up a little story. If there’s a person in the card, what are they doing? How did they get there? What’s something important they need to know? Do they have a message for you? Just let your imagination run. After all, imagination and intuition are closely related. Tap into one and you’ll tap into the other.
Usually there will be something, no matter how small, that perks up your soul and has it releasing its hold on those past life memories. Make notes of any feelings you get or any clues you put together that can help unlock your past lives.
At this point don’t expect any memories to come flooding back. Yes, it might happen. I had one client that had tried everything to uncover her past lives and the tarot actually worked like magic. She emailed me about her very first session with her cards. She drew the 8 of Cups from the Rider-Waite deck and instantly felt a connection with the hooded figure in the card. She wrote a short story about how the love of his life had died and he went off wandering Europe for the rest of his life. In her current life she was the one that left relationships, but she saw the connection, the past life baggage. She was carrying around the wounded heart from that past life and couldn’t bear to lose another love so she’d leave the person before they ended up hurting her somehow. Wow! See how powerful the tarot can be?
Getting back to the Events Spread, let’s say you draw the Knight of Swords for your next life lesson. You look at this guy and he seems pretty intense. Yes, you very well could have been a knight in a past life or some other type of warrior or soldier, but what lesson does it have for you now? Do you avoid confrontation at all cost? Do you find it hard to speak up for yourself? Or are you argumentative? Perhaps you hate when things are unfair or when someone is being wrongly accused and you rush to their aid? Maybe the card, this past life memory and present life lesson, is telling you that you need to be stronger, or a more of a peacekeeper, or to let people fend for themselves sometimes.
Make notes in your journal about anything you feel a connection to or a message your higher self might be sending through. You can write a short story about this card as well. Maybe the story ends up being somewhat of a comedy and this knight, well meaning though he is, always shows up late for battles and often forgets his sword. This could be telling you something about your current life. Are you often late and forgetful? Is he a ladies-man and goes from one relationship to the next without allowing himself to fall in love. Maybe you’re afraid of commitment in your present life?
Exploring your past lives through tarot can be a lot of fun and incredibly eye-opening. Try not to do too many readings in one day though since they could become jumbled, not make sense, or create a block. I advise doing only one three card reading daily. This might not sound like a lot, especially when you’re so excited and first starting out on this journey, but it’s actually more than enough to nudge that information free from your mind and soul.
You might find that you start dreaming about certain past lives and/or things start popping up in your waking life that give concreteness to your past life findings. Using that Knight of Swords as an example, perhaps you start dreaming of that particular life or you start seeing knights on TV or on books or in a store. Knights just start popping up all over! This is a sure sign that your soul is opening up and letting more of those memories come through. It’s also proof that this life truly existed in your past and your higher self is letting you know you’re on the right track.
Again, be sure to keep notes of everything you discover about your past lives. You could have one notebook for each life and write down new information that comes through in that particular journal. This really helps to keep your notes organized so you can go over them and read all about one particular life, find patterns and lessons, rather than leafing through page after page of mixed notes about various lives. As time goes on and you gather more notes about that life and you read them over it will help immerse you in that life and more memories may actually come back to you.
Knowing important things about previous lives is essential to truly knowing who you are in the here and now. Imagine all of the wealth of wisdom waiting to be uncovered!
I'd love to do a past life reading for you as well!
Light and blessings,
Unless you’re operating at a strong level of spiritual energy, life will be stuck in one or more areas. This is why Becoming Your Higher Self is so important. Everyone and everything is made up of energy. Where you’re at right now in life is the direct result of how your spiritual energy is or isn’t flowing. If your life is negative or lacking in some way then it’s a sure sign that you’ve got energy blockages.
These blockages hold you back from experiencing the true happiness you yearn for. It keeps you in negative relationships, struggling financially, and riddled with health problems. It keeps you confused, numb, and frustrated, living at the level of your lower self rather than your natural higher self.
Your true state of being should be a life where you experience feelings of joy, your thoughts are clear, and your emotions are well balanced. Love and positive opportunities should flow freely toward you. In turn, your energy should flow outward, taking advantage of those opportunities and offering love in return.
This doesn’t mean that you constantly live on the brink of ruin and despair, but life simply won’t work as it should if you’re clogged up with negative energy. Over time, if one area of your life is blocked then ultimately it will affect all other areas. For example, have you ever come into a lump sum of money, or perhaps fallen madly in love, only to have it quickly disappear? It’s not the fact that you have bad luck or aren’t deserving, it’s because you aren’t working with your spiritual self in the correct way.
Simple Steps To Clear Energy Blockages
Your first step to healing, cleansing, and clearing your energy blockages is to be completely honest with yourself about where you’re at in life right now. Acceptance is the foundation of release. When you fight against what is, it creates a huge block that holds back all of those wonderful things you see other people experiencing.
So, look at your surroundings right now and look inside yourself. What do you see? Is your home cluttered? Are your thoughts just as cluttered? Are there items you no longer use or never needed to begin with? Do you hold on to old beliefs that no longer move you forward or were implanted in your mind by your parents or other adults? Does your mind repeat negative conversations and experiences over and over?
As simple as it may sound, just by clearing out the clutter in your home, closets, garage, and work space, you’re actually taking a huge step toward allowing spiritual energy to flow freely inside and outside of yourself.
You can’t live a life of abundance, find your soul mate, or attract money if there’s no room for movement. Nothing new can come in if old things are clogging up your home and your mind. It’s time to let go of everything you no longer need, of everything holding you back. This includes physical items, people, and past experiences.
As a soul living a human existence, your life purpose is in alignment with where you focus your energy. If all you focus on is the past and keep acquiring junk--junk items, junk food, junk people--how will you ever embrace the life you’ve dreamed about for so long? How will you get to where you want to be?
You are a being of immense energy, and how you direct that energy touches every area of your life. By the end of this book you’ll know exactly where you want to go and how to get there. In fact, you can become an entirely new person.
You can learn more about healing, clearing, and strengthening your in my best selling books Energy Work: Heal, Cleanse, and Strengthen Your Aura and Become Your Higher Self - Using Spiritual Energy To Transform Your Life!
I can also perform a Long Distance Healing Session for you. It can help with many spiritual health concerns and can also cleanse and heal many mental, emotional, and even physical concerns as well. Previous clients have said how helpful and often life-altering they are.
Light and blessings,
Why Chakra Clearing And Balancing Is So Important
When all of your chakras are gently spinning or seem bright, you can then say your chakra system is completely balanced. These days it’s almost impossible to be in total balance at all times. Everything that has happened to you in life—at birth, during your childhood, teenage years, even five minutes ago—influences your chakra energy. As you go through various problems or situations in life, one or more of your chakras can get out of balance, become closed off, or too open. When this happens, it can affect your mental, emotional, physical, and/or spiritual self.
Every habit you have, every feeling, thought, fear, belief, worry, desire, or dream can be found in your chakras since these energy centers hold on to all of your energy—good and bad. If you encounter a situation or person who negatively affects your life in some way, it can be stored in one or more of your chakras unless you work through it and heal it. Over time, I’m sure you can see how things will pile up in your chakras and throw them off balance. No wonder people have so many problems in their lives they can’t seem to let go of!
Cleansing, strengthening and balancing your chakras is very beneficial for your body, mind, and spirit. It helps the aura’s energy to stay as pure as possible and can increase your intuitive ability. I do this at least once a week to help raise my energy, strengthen my psychic gifts and eliminate any negative build up in my chakras.
When you begin working with your chakras, don’t be surprised if you can’t cleanse them the very first time. It takes practice and you may have a lot of junk built up in your chakras. After you get used to doing the easy exercises in my book it should only take about ten minutes or less!
If you'd like to learn more about how to work with your chakras, what each one means and how to cleanse and balance them, be sure to get my book today. It costs far less than a small latte at Starbucks and will do you far more good!
I'm eager to share this book with you and look forward to hearing your experiences as you work with your Chakras!
Light and blessings,
Are you trying to solve a problem? Do you want to find out what your guides have to tell you? Is it nearly impossible to fit a long meditation session into your daily life? Is it difficult for you to visualize while meditating? I want to offer you a helpful meditation exercise that's not only very quick and simple, but it's highly effective!
Quick And Easy Meditation:
1. Go someplace where you can be alone for about 10 minutes. Sit down, close your eyes, and breathe slowly and deeply in and out while relaxing your body. Just breathe in and as you breathe out say, "relax" to yourself.
2. Once you feel as relaxed as possible, imagine a table in your mind. The table can be as simple or as elaborate as you’d like. I usually just visualize a simple wooden round table.
3. Once you can “see” the table, ask your higher self and guides to set one or more items on the table that they want you to see right now. You could also ask a question such as, “Dear guides and higher self, please set some items on this mental table that show me (how I died, who I loved, something important, whatever you’d liked to know). I will clearly see these items and know how they are helpful to me.”
4. Now visualize items on the table. Look at them and notice anything and everything about them. At first you might get a fleeting glimpse before the visualization disappears but over time you’ll be able to focus much better. Visualization is like exercising a muscle; the more you use it the stronger it becomes.
5. Once you’re satisfied that you’ve seen everything on the table, take a deep breath in and out, open your eyes, and make some notes on what you saw. Also write down the question you asked and how the item(s) might fit in. Maybe you asked, “Why do I always have trouble getting a promotion at work?” On the table in your mind you might have seen duct tape, a children’s math book, and crutches. (Of course, I’m just using examples.) You might not be able to see how these fit in with your lack of climbing the corporate ladder. This is where you need to become a detective! How could these items fit in?
Duct Tape - This is typically used to keep things from moving. Perhaps you sabotage yourself and don’t try enough to move forward. You get in your own way or get comfortable in your little niche, though a part of you yearns to make more of yourself. Or, you might have trouble speaking up for yourself and the duct tape represent your mouth being covered.
Children’s Math Book - You might need to update your skills or go back to school before you can get a higher position in the company.
Crutches - Perhaps you have trouble being a leader and rely more on others, or you find it difficult to move forward without assistance, or you could move too slowly and others who are “go getters” are offered the better positions.
Our soul offers a wealth of help and knowledge, we just need to unravel the clues and put the pieces of the puzzle together!
I hope you enjoyed this excerpt from my book Clear Your Karma - The Healing Power Of Your Past Lives. Purchase your copy today and learn how to clear out your past life karma, create a wonderful life in the here and now, and an amazing future life as well!
Light and blessings,
A Spiritual Awakening...Isn’t this what most of us strive for? That one grand moment, or a collection of smaller moments, that have you seeing life and everything in it from a totally different perspective? A place where you can finally live life as your higher self?
Sometimes walking a spiritual path can be very lonely. Not many people are brave enough to reach for their spiritual gifts let alone embracing them and living life from this place every day. In my own life there were many times when I questioned my intuition and never followed it, refusing to trust in my higher self, my own spiritual energy. After awhile I realized how ridiculous this was. I wanted to be happy, healthy, and financially well off. It was obvious my spiritual self knew how to get there, but my fearful Earth self had a hard time trusting. Once I did though life changed dramatically for me.
But another odd thing happened; I lost many friends. They felt I was no longer the same person, and they were right, I wasn’t! I was pursuing the life of my dreams and, since like attracts like, I began attracting other people who were successful and spiritual while old friends drifted away. Rather than feeling sad or angry, I accepted this, knowing I was going through a growing phase.
I haven’t regretted a single moment of embracing my true essence. Though, like physical and emotional growth, it comes with pain and loss. Unfortunately, I didn’t know anyone else at the time who had gone through a spiritual awakening so I felt very confused, emotional, and sometimes afraid. Spirituality is so much bigger than our Earth selves that it can often be overwhelming if you aren’t sure what’s going on. You feel like you’re going crazy, not realizing you’re waking up on a spiritual level.
How do you know if you’re having a spiritual awakening? Here are the top ten signs to look out for. They shouldn’t be confused with anything that requires medical help. These are purely spiritual-based symptoms that may show up mentally, emotionally or even physically.
Top 10 Signs Of A Spiritual Awakening
1. A dramatic change or shift in sleep patterns, libido, career, food preferences, and/or relationships.
2. A surge in creativity and energy pushing you to detoxify your body, de-clutter your home, begin a project you had wanted to do but previously put off, and simplifying your life.
3. Loss of interest in things you used to enjoy and a desire to pursue something else.
4. Yearning for more freedom or excitement.
5. Depression, fatigue, headaches, anxiety, panic attacks, hot flashes, “hearing voices”, a sensation of someone being in the room with you.
6. Problems with electric items such as static coming from the TV or radio, lights flickering or going out, touching things and producing static electricity far more than usual.
7. Experiencing an increase in intuition, psychic abilities, and/or synchronicities.
8. Heightened awareness of your own thoughts, feelings, and actions. Feeling more in tune with or aware of others responses, their body language, and their emotions.
9. Sudden healing of your mind, body, or emotions. For example, an episode in your past may have bothered you a great deal for many years and suddenly it no longer has power over you.
10. Current friends or loved ones seem to be drifting away or acting strange around you, even angry or frustrated.
These are common symptoms people mention after they realize they’ve gone through a tremendous spiritual growth spurt.
You can read more about this subject and many others in my book Become Your Higher Self.
Light and blessings,
You may think, "My life is happening right now, in the present, so why be worried about something that happened 75, 150, or 2,000 years ago?" Because, understanding the past can offer clues to present day problems and offer information on how to overcome or succeed at current experiences. I’m not going to try to convince you that past lives are a fact, I’m taking for granted that you believe in them or have an open mind to the possibility since you're reading this article. Okay, let’s take a look at a few past life facts:
1. The human soul is like a computer hard drive; everything you’ve experienced is stored in the soul as programs. By remembering and then releasing these old programs your current life issues can be resolved and positive, new patterns pursued.
2. If you carry around chronic stress, fear, anxiety, phobias, habits, or addictions and you see no connection with something that occurred in your present life, then I guarantee a past life is the culprit.
3. Some people are born with birthmarks--past life imprints--in areas where they were wounded or the birthmark is shaped like a physical object or initial that led to their death.
4. We’re all allowed a period of rest between lives where we can review past experiences, prepare for our next life, and even choose it, but some of us come back too quickly or have something very important to learn--which is one reason why some of us struggle more than others.
5. Each lifetime can be viewed as another year in school where we pick up where we left off. Yes, some people flunk a few grades and others skip up a few.
6. In addition to dragging along baggage from past lives, we also bring with us skills and abilities. You’ve probably read stories about child geniuses that can play a musical instrument or paint like a pro. While those kids are the extreme, we all carry with us talents that can help us in this lifetime.
7. It’s not necessary to immerse yourself in every past life in order to heal and progress. A few simple activities is all it really takes. Of course, once we open the door to our past lives we often become so fascinated that we want to know more and more about them! (I’ll offer some easy exercises in my upcoming book Clear Your Karma: The Healing Power Of Your Past Lives that will help you connect with any and all of them.)
8. Dream work, self-hypnosis, and psychic readings by a trusted professional are three of the best ways to work with your past lives.
9. We all have a core soul group and a larger soul group. We’re always reincarnated with various people from these groups.
10. Our genders change, though some people have a preference and may choose one sex more often than another.
11. It’s rare to have been someone famous or powerful.
12. Some mannerisms are carried over from one life to the next. One of my daughters has always had a slight accent that can’t be placed from this lifetime.
13. You’re usually attracted to certain geographic settings or time periods that relate to one or more past lives you’ve had.
14. Your past lives have a strong effect on your current life.
I’ll get into many of these past life facts in more detail in my upcoming book, but I wanted to give you just a glimpse of how incredibly important past lives are! If anyone tells you they have no impact on your current life, they’re wrong, wrong, wrong!
I've been doing past life readings for decades now so if you're interested in uncovering the past life/lives that are affecting you most at this point in time, purchase and reading and let's find out what's going on. I'm sure it will be an eye-opener for you. Get your reading here.
Light and blessings,
I've been a psychic counselor for a long, long time and the most common readings I'm asked to do are related to love. Clients ask when their soul mate would come along, if they had a past life with this person, if they'd missed their chances, and how to finally attract a passionate, positive love. Simply put, they wanted clarification and guidance on finding love. For many people it seems easy enough to attract the wrong type of partner, but finding someone who is positive, stable, and complements you seems really difficult.
Oh, we know how to do the bad relationships, after all, how many have you been in? Too many to count or too long to think about? That's common and you certainly aren't alone. Finding true love is one of the biggest soul lessons you'll face in each lifetime. Health, love, money, career and purpose are the big paths we struggle with.
So how do you attract love? Maybe you've been on free dating sites, perhaps you paid for membership dating sites. You've done everything you can but your soul mate is more elusive than ever. The following activities will help change your subconscious and your aura energy so that you can begin to attract love.
1. Find a necklace that has rose quartz in it, like a pendant or beads. I prefer a pendant because I can always reach up and touch it to remind myself of my goals. I’m forever touching my necklace. Pink quartz is delicate but powerful. It represents soul-deep love, past life love, friendship, peace, and happiness. It’s like a down-filled pillow for your needs. The thing with pink is that it won’t attract situations in such a huge way that it shocks you (like red would) but it comes softly, which is what I prefer. It allows us to ease into things rather than being knocked over by it.
2. Start buying everything in twos. Buy two of the same plants, hang two pictures on the wall together, buy two rolls of paper towels, two cans of the same soup, etc. Of course, don’t go overboard and deplete your funds, but if you get in the habit of buying and decorating in twos it tells your mind that you already live with someone and it will help bring him physically into your life to fill the spot.
3. Make a life collage of the things you want. Cut photos and words out of magazines that represent the things you want in life and glue them on some poster board. Hang it on a wall in your bedroom and study it for a few moments each morning when you wake up and each night before you go to bed. This technique has helped many of my other clients, no matter what their goals are!
4. Go about your life knowing that you deserve love and that it will come to you. You no longer have to deal with people who aren’t your type. If you want to date them just for fun, so be it, but you don’t want to waste that open space in your soul with the wrong person.
Is love coming your way? Will you find your soulmate? Is the person you're with your soulmate? How does he/she really feel about you? Is he/she cheating on you? What's in store for your current or potential relationship? Find out why you're feeling unfilled in a relationship. Where should you go? What should you do? Who waits for you in the area of love?
I look forward to reading for you! Light and blessings,
Have you had a longstanding goal that you've tried and tried to accomplish yet it never gets done? You might have struggled with it for years, seen some positive glimpses of fruition here and there, but somehow it's always out of reach. There are some very good reasons for it that just might surprise you!
1. Have Clear Goals That Excite You
The truth is, only 5 out of every 100 people achieve the success they desire. So what’s so special about successful people? How are they different? Why are they succeeding at their dreams and you aren’t? The answer is easy, successful people know exactly what they want and they stop at nothing to achieve it. They don’t let that fearful little voice inside sabotage them, nor do they let the negativity in their past control them. Despite poverty, abuse, health problems, or other obstacles, they excelled.
2. Stay Focused No Matter What
People who fail are really not that different than those who succeed. (Trust me, I've failed many, many times!) After all, they too want to fulfill their dreams and accomplish their goals. The problem is, their minds are all over the place and their past holds them back. They begin working on a goal with complete determination, only to lose steam once they lose sight of their destination, they suffer a setback, or those old patterns rise to the surface.
3. Know What You Want And Why
You can’t succeed at something if you have no idea why you want to achieve it for yourself. Many of us go through life failing at success simply because we’re chasing dreams that aren’t ours. Perhaps these dreams belonged to our parents; it’s what they wanted for us but not what we truly want. Or maybe the dreams you’re chasing found their way into your mind due to what you’ve seen in the media or read in a motivational book. If we followed the media route, we'd forever be chasing the "rich, famous, and beautiful" route. Talk about stress!
4. Release Outgrown Dreams
Or, you may have had this dream when you were much younger and thought all along that this is what you truly want, but as time went on you couldn't admit to yourself that the goal was no longer important. Somehow, we see it as failure if we give up on a dream path that used to be important to us yet we never accomplished it. Why be so hard on yourself? You're meant to change and grow throughout life! I wanted to be a nurse when I was younger and for many years it bothered me that I never accomplished that dream. As I got older I realized that it was a "younger me dream" but I had since outgrown it and wanted to take a different type of healing path.
5. Make New Goals That Align With The Current You
You need to be driven in order to accomplish your goals. All of your energy and motivation comes from the desire to succeed at your very own personal dreams. If you have one or more things on your "to do list" that have been sitting there for months, years, even decades, ask yourself if this is something you really want or if the desire came from some outside influence or yesterday's you. Once you're honest with yourself you should feel a sense of a relief, more clarity, and eagerness to move forward with what truly matters to you.
If you know what you want and are completely focused on achieving it, if you know why you want it and will do whatever it takes to make it happen, then you can’t possibly fail. You will succeed to one degree or another.
What have you been chasing for years yet never accomplished? Who taught you that this was the right path for you? If you could release all of those unfinished tasks and start on something new and you, what would it be? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comment section!
Light and blessings,
How To Know If A Toxic Person Is Draining Your Energy
Everyone and everything puts out vibrations. Our thoughts and feelings are released into the air around us and others are affected by it. If you’re generally a positive person you’ll find that people (and even animals) probably like being around you. Without you speaking a word they may tell you that you’ve made them feel better. They don’t realize that they’re absorbing your positive energy, and most of the time this is okay. You probably have some people you enjoy being around because they make you feel good, just as you benefit them with positive energy as well. Life is all about give and take, though it should be in balance.
However, I bet you know at least one person who takes far more than they give back. When this person is around your mood shifts and your energy levels plummet or become almost hyperactive. You might already know or suspect that you’ve been the victim of a psychic vampire, but do you have the type of personality, the current type of aura, that targets you as a victim for energy drainers? This quiz will show how sensitive you are to these types of people.
1. Do you often feel physical drained or sleepy after being around a friend or relative?
2. Is it hard for you to say "no" when someone asks for a favor?
3. Do people often intrude on your privacy or personal time?
4. Do you often feel that people walk all over you?
5. Do you feel overwhelmed when in crowds?
6. Are you often asked to do the work nobody else wants to do?
7. Do you rush into situations with your heart rather than using your head?
8. Are you a people pleaser, always setting your own needs aside?
9. Is it difficult for you to ask people for help because you don't want to feel like you're bothering them or don’t want to be a burden?
10. Do you feel nervous interacting with others, especially strangers?
11. Is it important that you are well liked by others and feel badly if someone doesn't seem to like you?
12. Do some situations make you feel so overly stimulated that all you want to do is lock yourself in your room?
13. Do you tend to get sick more often than others do?
14. Do you experience fatigue, dizziness, foggy thinking, and/or headaches though your doctor says there's nothing wrong with you?
As you looked over the list you may have found that you answered yes to many of the above scenarios. If so, chances are you’re a psychic empath, someone who’s naturally sensitive to the energies of people, places, and things. Psychic empaths are particularly sensitive to psychic attacks. Years ago I would have said yes to nearly everything on this list! That doesn’t mean we’re weak, it just means we’re psychically sensitive. We pick up on the subtle and not-so-subtle energies people give off. This is actually a wonderful gift but it’s like having a magic wand and not knowing how to operate it.
The first step to reclaiming your personal power is simply acknowledging that you’re a very sensitive person. Once you realize this it’s easier to begin working on cleansing and protecting yourself from these energy predators and toxic people.
In my book Make Miracles Happen I talk about how changing limiting beliefs allow you to see and attract miracles more easily in your everyday life. Right now I invite you to roll up your sleeves and see how easy it is to also create your miracles!
1. Believe It - This is the biggest challenge you'll need to overcome in order to manifest what you want. Even if you can't completely let go and have faith and trust that you can attract miracles that will make your dreams come true, at least see it as a possibility. The more you consider it possible and you start experiencing success in your life, the easier it will be to believe in miracles.
2. Get Clear - Make clear, detailed choices about what you want for yourself. Rather than saying something like, "I want to lose weight!" which has no clarity to it, you might want to say, "I want to lose a total of 40 pounds within the next six months. That's an average weight loss of about 2 pounds per week." Or, you might want to quit your job and work for yourself. Instead of saying over and over again how badly you want to work for yourself, focus on what you want to do and set a realistic timeframe. When you have more clarity on what you truly want it's easier to attract the means to get you there. Get very, very clear on what you want to do, be, or attain and realize you can have it all!
3. Start Small - The bigger the miracle you want to manifest in your life, the longer it's going to take for it to come to fruition. While you're waiting for and working on that big miracle, work on some smaller ones too. See if you can manifest an extra $20 this week, or a great parking spot, or an answer to one of your smaller problems. My daughter did that very thing recently. She needed a new tire and was riding around on her spare. She didn't have the extra money for a tire but sent the thought out into the universe that she needed about $50 for a tire. She had no idea where the money would come from, but a couple of days later a friend of hers asked if she could watch her dog for the weekend and she'd pay her $60. A miracle, for sure!
4. Focused intent - There are infinite possibilities in life and endless miracles so forget whatever you currently believe or believed when it comes to making miracles! All you need to create miracles in your life is focused intent. This takes discipline and developing new habits from how you currently think and act. You'll need to direct your thoughts and feelings in the direction of the miracle you're trying to conjure up. Instead of focusing on what you don't have, focus on what you want. Tell yourself that you'll get out of your own way, allowing this miracle to unfold before you. While you think about this miracle you'd like to take place, allow positive feelings to wash over you at the thought of this happening to you and in your life. Visualize what life will be like once this miracle happens. How will you feel? How will your life change? What do you want to accomplish with this miracle? How good, confident, excited, happy or peaceful will you feel once you've experienced this miracle?
Up until now you've wasted precious energy on unconsciously focusing on everything you don't in your life. This creates a barrier, blocking all the things you truly do want from entering your life. Let go of the stress, the fear, the worry, and instead focus on the positive--what you desire for yourself and your life. Chances are, you'll feel a tremendous load being lifted from your shoulders. Worrying and being negative drains us, wears us down, and actually prevents miracles from finding us!
5. Follow good feelings - So many of us live a life filled with compromise and struggle. We stay at jobs we hate, in relationships that are toxic, living lifestyles that are unhealthy. We know it doesn't feel good, yet we keep doing it. From now on give yourself permission to do what feels good. That doesn't mean you should quit your job on the spot. After all, you probably have bills to pay. However, if you're unhappy with your current job, make a commitment to find a new one. Spend time each day filling out applications until you land a better job. If you're unhappy in your current relationship, maybe it's time to part ways so you can find someone who's a better match for you. Staying in a miserable job or miserable relationship is simply a time waster. Life is too short and miracles will have a harder time getting through those negative barriers. The way you feel equals what you attract, so following a life that makes you feel happy should be a top priority.
By following these five tips you'll be able to create what you want in your life rather than feeling at the mercy of whatever's flung your way. You'll be raising your vibrational level and increasing your power to create miracles naturally and almost effortlessly!
Does your inner child need healing? Since you're reading this blog post you most likely know she/he does, but here’s a quiz to find out if your child within needs to be healed. As you go over the questions answer yes or no to each one. Don’t think too long or hard, just let your subconscious take over and choose the first answer that comes to mind.
Most people won’t experience all of the below feelings or situations all of the time, but if you believe it’s a real problem or that you’re dealing with something more often than not, answer yes. If you rarely or never feel a certain way or experience the scenario in one of the questions, answer no.
While taking the quiz, feelings of denial, anxiety, stress, or disassociation may pop up. Even if they do, breathe through it and continue on with the questionnaire since it’s an important first step in the healing process.
1. Do one or both of your parents have addictions or mental issues?
2. Do you have any addictions, including shopping, food, sex, relationships, alcohol, drugs, or are you constantly in debt?
3. Did you experience neglect or abuse as a child? This includes mental, physical, emotional, sexual, and/or religious abuse.
4. Do you sometimes feel helpless or hopeless?
5. Do you have trouble falling asleep or do you wake up in the middle of the night and find it difficult to fall back to sleep?
6. Do you disassociate yourself from certain situations or people?
7. Do you find it hard to handle stress or that you feel stressed often?
8. Do you feel insecure and lack confidence?
9. Do you suffer with anxiety and/or depression?
10. Do you have low self-esteem?
11. Do you have problems with relationships? Perhaps you keep choosing the wrong type of partner or friends, or find that you stay in unhealthy relationships.
12. Are you sometimes overly emotional or the exact opposite; you feel numb and blank at times?
13. Do you avoid any type of conflict?
14. Have you abandoned your dreams due to self-doubt?
15. Do you make excuses as to why you haven’t accomplished something that was important to you?
16. Are you often late or do people comment that you’re unreliable, disorganized, or flaky?
17. Do you have chronic health problems that the doctors have no answer for? They may tell you there’s nothing clinically wrong and it’s “all in your head”?
18. Do you sometimes feel you’re not good enough, dumb, ugly, a loser, unlovable, or any other negative label?
19. Do you start on a project or goal with optimism and energy, only to abandon it at some point?
20. Do you find it hard to make or keep friends?
21. Are you often suspicious and/or find it hard to trust others, especially a romantic partner?
22. Is it difficult for you to get close to others or are you the other extreme and find it hard to draw physical or emotional boundaries?
23. Do you often feel taken advantage of or unappreciated?
24. Are you shy, introverted, socially awkward, and/or avoid social settings?
25. Do you have any type of phobias?
If you answered yes to any of these questions it’s a sure sign that your inner child is wounded in some way. The more you answered yes to, the more healing work you’ll need to do. Years ago when I was on my own healing journey I would have answered yes to just about everything! If, like I did, you experience many of these scenarios, don’t feel hopeless or worried; I’m living proof that you can and will heal if you put in the work needed. And that’s why I wrote Healing The Child Within; I want you to finally have the life you desire and deserve. This book is based on my own inner child healing journey, countless hours of reading and research, and over 20 years of being a professional psychic counselor and helping others on their own healing journeys.
Previous clients that have followed my guidance and suggestions have successfully healed their inner child and have happier, more successful lives in all areas. In the beginning though, many found that exploring this wounded part of themselves was overwhelming and often frightening. If you find yourself feeling this way, please tell yourself that it’s safe to change and it’s time to heal and grow. You’ll be so glad you started this journey!
Find out how to heal your inner child with my new book Healing The Child Within available in ebook and paperback! Having a psychic reading through me is also very helpful when you're starting a healing path. I look forward to reading for you!
Light and blessings,
There may be times when you feel like your life is utterly in the garbage. Your health, love life, finances, job, family, everything, all of it is beyond hope. There’s just too much junk going on in so many areas, how could you possibly ever heal and be happy? Even if you did ask your angels for help, where would they begin?!
Believe it or not, the more messed up you think your life is, the times when you feel nothing is going right, that’s when your angels want to help the most! They love rolling up their sleeves and showing you just how much they love you and what they can do for you. When you’re at a place where you just don’t care anymore you let go, and that’s when the magic starts to happen--if you allow it and pay attention to their guidance.
But when life feels so negative, how will you know your angels are around and helping? Here are some signs to look out for:
1. You’ve been holding something in for some time and you finally explode and tell this person what you’ve been thinking and feeling. You’re so angry! Guess what? Your angels gave you the courage to finally claim your dignity and self-esteem by expressing yourself. Of course, that doesn’t mean they want you to go around yelling at everyone, but finally speaking your mind and getting something off your chest is part of the healing process.
2. You begin experiencing coincidences, synchronicity, and seeing angelic signs more and more. You might see more rainbow symbols, doves, or peace signs. You could begin seeing angel statues or images, and words like love, peace, joy, and hope more often. You may also hear more people and children laughing when you’re out and about. Your angels are helping to bring these positive things back into your life.
3. You hear from a friend or relative you haven’t talked to in awhile and they said they were thinking about you and wanted to reconnect. People may seem friendlier and more helpful. You could get more compliments and smiles from strangers.
4. You may receive or find small surprises such as finding money on the ground outside, or getting a gift from someone. It could be something minor like a co-worker buying you lunch or a friend giving you a book you’ve wanted to read. Your partner could, out of the blue, take you out to dinner or prepare dinner for you. Any number of small surprises could take place, sent by your angels, helping to restore your faith and happiness.
Your angels know what it’s like to be human and how hard life can be. The material world is filled with stress, pressure, responsibilities, obligations, money issues, health crises, family and relationship problems, and so much more. But nothing lasts forever. No matter how negative things may seem right now, it will pass. Give it all to your angels. Every bit of the garbage and insecurity and anger and resentment and worry and whatever else. Hand it over to them. Ask for help. Vow to be open to their assistance and their signs. Take action when it comes.
Is This All There Is?
How many times have you wondered, “Is this all there is, or do I truly have a life purpose?”
We come down here to Earth as souls in human form. We live and learn and love each and every day until we give up this costume of flesh and bone and blood and go back to where we came, then do it all over again. When you think about it, life and the soul can be frustratingly complicated or delightfully easy. Many people choose to live a life filled with complicated frustrations, chaos and mass confusion. Some people are happily ignorant or blissfully unaware. Most of us fluctuate or live somewhere in the middle.
With all of these lessons to learn about love, money, health, and career, how can we expect to discover our purpose too? Keeping our finances balanced seems beyond our means most of the time and yet we crave to discover why we’re truly here? What are we meant to do? How can we help others? What big plans does Spirit have for us?
It’s easier than you think, which is probably why it always seems out of reach. We thoroughly believe that discovering our life purpose has to be more difficult than trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphs. It doesn’t have to be this way. Here are some simple steps to discover your purpose in life.
Exercises: Finding Your Life Purpose
1. Don’t compromise yourself. In other words, you can’t spend your life doing for others, following someone else’s path and dreams and goals, and bowing down to society. You need to be true to yourself, your wants, your needs and your desires. That’s not to say that you should suddenly become rude or irresponsible, ditch your marriage, abandon your kids, and tear up your bills. What it does mean is that you may need to say “no” more often so you can pursue things that fulfill you and bring you peace. Maybe you want to go back to school, volunteer, or simply read a book under the shade of a tree.
2. Live your life as if ever day has a purpose. Rather than looking at the end result of your grand purpose in life, take each day and use it as mini-steps that will get you to where you need to be. Maybe you don’t know where it is you want to end up. That’s okay! As long as you’re doing things every day that bring you comfort and happiness you’ll find your purpose at some point.
3. “Remember what the dormouse said, ‘Feed your head’” You can’t find your true purpose in life unless you read, listen, watch, learn, and take action. Read a book, watch a documentary, take a class, whatever you can do that will stretch your mind will help you discover your purpose. Your mind and soul are like a rubber band and every time it stretches it never goes back to the original shape. Keep stretching!
4. Patience, Grasshopper. Why are humans in such a hurry? We spend decades screwing up our lives yet we want to be successful and live a life of purpose moments after reading the latest self-help or how-to book? It ain’t gonna happen!
Life is a journey, not a destination. Sure, look upon your true purpose as some place you’ll eventually get to, but enjoy the scenery along the way.
Not everyone is meant to be the next Oprah or Madonna or Mother Theresa. A life of purpose is something that makes you feel good about being alive and it should benefit others as well since all life purpose paths touch others in some way, making their lives better as well.
Finding your purpose in life is truly easy, it just takes time and a willingness to stay the course yet freedom enough to go where the wind takes you. I cover this topic and many, many more in my book 10 Minutes A Day To A Powerful New Life.
Light and Blessings,
Intuitive Tarot - Read The Tarot Instantly is one of my best selling books. It's in the top 10 of tarot books on Amazon. Best of all, it's only $2.99 for the ebook. I've received many emails from readers saying they'd never been able to remember the traditional meanings of the cards and that my book was fun and freeing for them. And, yes, you can read them instantly, no previous experience needed! I want to share one of the exercises from this book with you.
Here are just a few comments readers have left on Amazon about the book:
"In about thirty minutes, I was reading the Tarot cards intuitively, and it is Fun!"
"I am a beginner and this book helped me tremendously."
"This book made me feel competent and able to give a reading without years of book study yet able to rely upon my lifetime of knowledge."
"I can boldly, happily, truthfully say that I can read tarot RIGHT NOW--even before the cards I just ordered arrive. Thanks, Kelly. You rock."
Getting To Know Your Cards
This is the fun part! After you have your question in mind and have laid out the cards any way you'd like (laying three cards in a row works best for me),turn the first card over. You’re going to be using free association, your imagination, and your intuition to read the cards.You won’t be wrong, so have no fear.
As you turn the first card over, what pops out at you first? Maybe a color, a symbol, the figure, or the number. Think about that for a moment and what it means to you. Perhaps you flipped over the Justice card and right away you notice the red in the card first. What does red represent to you? Anger? Passion? Fire? Sensuality? Now what do you see? Does the woman in the card seem happy, angry, sad, anticipatory, judgmental, or apathetic? Just keep going with this as it pertains to the question and see what you come up with.
Someone may ask about a relationship and the red may represent passion and the scales show good balance between the couple. Perhaps someone else sees the color red and, keeping Justice in mind, interprets it as going through a red light and maybe getting a ticket. Still someone else may see red as anger and the sword in her hand represents being stabbed in the back. Everyone will interpret the cards differently and so will you.
In fact, it will change every time your question changes, which is the beauty of reading the cards intuitively rather than sticking to traditional meanings. It’s difficult to memorize traditional card meanings and then force them to fit in with your question and then decipher the message. Talk about stress! Reading tarot cards should be a fun learning experience, not like studying for college finals.
Allow your intuition to pick up on what it needs to each time you read the cards rather than forcing yourself to see what you think you should be seeing. You can read each card separately or read them all together like a story. Iusually read each card separately then at the end weave them together. This seems to be the best approach for me.
Feel free to keep notes if you’d like or simply soak in the information. When I first started reading the cards I preferred to keep notes so I could go over them in the future to see how well they predicted events or offered solid guidance.
I'd love to hear your experiences with this simple exercise on reading the tarot intuitively!
You can contact me at: [email protected]
Until next time,
Light and blessings!
How often do you repeat negative things to yourself, sabotage your best efforts, and continue on the path of destructive behavior when it comes to your work, finances, health and love? Even if you aren’t aware of your negative self-talk or self-sabotage, if you’re life isn’t where you want it to be, I can guarantee you’re doing it. No matter how hard you’ve tried to succeed you just can’t get to where you want to be.
Many people will simply accept their life as-is, even if they aren’t happy or fulfilled. They figure that this is what fate has dished out and there’s nothing they can do about it. They remain prisoners of their own negative thinking, and thoughts equal action or inaction.
It’s never too late to turn things around and enjoy freedom from negativity. One of the first keys to mind power success is realizing and accepting that you manifest everything in your life. Whether you’re overweight, lonely, broke, or hate your job, you’ve attracted it into your life. This is where some people will stop reading. They don’t want to believe they’ve invited negative people or situations into their life. They refuse to take responsibility and so they’ll always remain victims. What this means is whether they won the lottery, found Mr. or Ms. Right, or any other good thing came their way they’d find some way to mess it up and get right back to where they were before.
They wouldn’t recognize a good thing if it fell in their laps. Why? Because of subconscious programming. Your brain can only recognize what it’s used to seeing and experiencing. This means you’ll live a life of suffering, struggling, or stagnation because you’re used to it.
Many programs and exercises may not help at all or only work for a short time since they don’t go deep down where early life experiences and memories are rooted. Although you may find success temporarily those habitual ways of thinking and reacting will overpower your attempt to free yourself. That’s why so many people buy book after book, hoping to find the answer that will finally help them turn everything around.
So how do you disrupt this early childhood programming? It’s easier than you think. The reason we grope around in the dark and never find our way in life is because we have so much belief in what we’ve learned. If your father said you were stupid then you must be stupid. If your mother said you were fat or lazy then you must be fat or lazy. It doesn’t mean you like it or want it, you just believe it.
Once you begin to challenge your way of thinking and start to question the “facts” you’ve learned along the way, you’ll be able to release the faulty programming since you won’t believe it anymore. You can allow your adult mind to form new beliefs and will be able to act based on these. In time, if you no longer find these helpful you can form different beliefs until you find what works for you. Always, always question your beliefs, especially if you aren’t happy with where your life is. You don’t have to remain a prisoner of what your parents or other adults programmed into your mind, you can have freedom from negativity.
In my best selling book Reprogram Your Subconscious I go into much more detail on how to change your negative thinking habits. I also cover subjects such as programming yourself for wealth, attracting and keeping true love, the healing power of the mind, getting past self-sabotage, reprogramming your mind in three easy steps, and much, much more. Get your copy now and start changing your life today!
Light and blessings,
A very quick and easy way to work on changing your aura is to sit or lay down when you feel most relaxed. I always recommend in the morning when you first get up and at night when you’re ready to go to bed. These are the best times to meditate because it gets into your subconscious much easier. Imagine yourself with a glass egg around you. Inside this egg is a swirling aura of black and white. The black represents self-protection and any negativity present in your life. White is the color of cleansing and total renewal.
Now visualize a bright rainbow light being sent down from your guide into the top of the egg, penetrating it, shattering it. The black and white aura colors start drifting away from you like smoke clouds, the rainbow light filling up every area of your body inside and out until you are completely immersed in it. You may begin to feel warm all over, tingle, or notice something different about your mind and body that shows this is working.
At this point imagine the rainbow light exiting through your feet, taking any and all negativity with it down into the center of the earth where it's burned up. At this point you are empty and cleansed.
Allow any color to begin blossoming in the center of your chest. The color that comes to you is the color you need at this point in your life. This colored light fills you completely from head to toes, attracting a life mate and/or the type of life you desire. Envision being out in public and this new and beautiful aura all around you, reaching out to people, and attracting a wonderful mate, a wonderful life. If you are seeing your soul mate, feel his/her energy as well. This will help greatly so that when you do meet the person you will recognize their energy. Don't try to put a face to them unless it comes easy. Just immerse yourself in the energy here.
Once you are at this point you can end the meditation. It should only take a couple of minutes or as long as you would like. Go through your day and see if things are different. You should notice that decision-making is easier, you can think more clearly, you have more energy, and opportunities to make healthy, prosperous life changes come more often.
You can always do this meditation whenever you feel you need a recharging. I suggest doing this at least once a day to keep your new aura energy strong.
Want to learn more about your aura? With an aura reading I'll tell you what color(s) your aura is right now, what symbols your aura is projecting, if there are any dark or cold areas, holes or weaknesses, and more. Along with your aura reading, I'll also offer you quick and easy ways to heal your aura, clear out anything negative that’s hanging around, strengthen it and choose the color you want to give off. Talk about something that’s empowering! It’s wonderful to know that you really can control your energy and use it to your benefit rather than being at the mercy of it. Book your personal and in-depth aura reading now!
Light and blessings,
The number one way to strengthen a psychic gift is to practice using it more often, every day if you can. Use it or lose it. You don’t need special equipment or stones or potions or what have you. All you need is yourself. Now, depending on which psychic ability you’re working on will determine how you should strengthen it.
If you want to clearer dream messages from your guides, deceased loved ones, your higher self, or even your soul mate, while you lay in bed at night and before falling asleep ask your guides (or whomever) to come into your dream. Ask a question and for them to make their messages clear, and tell yourself that you’ll remember the dream when you wake up. As soon as you awake from the dream write it down. Keep a notebook and pen by your bed just for this purpose. Over time you should find that your dreams become more focused and helpful.
If you want to sharpen your gift of psychometry (being able to read objects), an excellent way to do this is to visit antique stores. Take your notebook and pen with you and if an object seems to catch your attention, hold it and see what information you get. Sometimes there’s no way to check if what you’re feel or see is true, but it’s still a very good way to hone this ability. You can also get a few envelopes and have a friend or family member put a photo in each envelope and seal it. You can then choose one envelope and write down in your notebook, or say aloud, what you sense is inside. You don’t have to be right on the money, but you could sense a color, object, or time period. Do this with each envelope then open them and see how close you were.
These are just two ways to enhance your abilities. I cover more in my short yet very helpful book Psychic Living - Developing Your Intuition.
Should I focus on my strongest psychic ability or all of them?
Every good psychic is well-rounded. Even if you don’t plan to offer your psychic readings professionally and only want to do it for yourself, it’s good to focus on all psychic abilities. Over time you may find that some come and go, one is strongest and one or a couple others are there but not as strong, or you could uncover other abilities you never knew you possessed.
In my own experience I started out doing automatic writing and getting in contact with my higher self and spirit guides. I then tried tarot, psychometry, lucid dreaming, dowsing, and many more. There’s not much I haven’t tried and it was very eye-opening and exciting. Through my journeys I discovered that I’m very good at reading past lives, connecting with spirit guides, psychic empathy, and clairvoyance, along with a few others. I also found out that I’m not very good at finding lost objects or dowsing. When I think over everything I’ve explored it really excites me because it opened new doorways that forever would have been closed had I not taken the initiative to give it a try. I also met a lot of interesting and wonderful people along the way.
Focus on your strongest trait and always work on this, but try new things all the time. You may be surprised at what you find!
Light and blessings,
Higher Guides –
What I have experienced through my personal meditations and reading for others is that there are very high guides who have never been on earth and are pure energy. They're the ones most concerned with soul growth and know that everything happens for a reason, so they let us make mistakes and stumble along. When we connect with them through meditation they offer higher guidance, always associated with soul growth and your life purpose. Their energy is very comforting.
Middle Guides –
Then there are the middle guides that have been on earth many times in human form and now choose to help us from the other side. I believe that this is where we’ll end up eventually, if we choose. We’re reincarnated many times, learn a whole lot of lessons, grow wiser and stronger, and are ultimately finished with our Earth lives. When this happens, you may choose to become a spirit guide for younger souls on Earth. These are my favorite types of guides since they know what it’s like to be human but are infinitely wise at the same time.
Lower Guides –
There are also spirits of those who have recently crossed over and act as guides to help us out while they learn a lesson or complete something for themselves in the process before they're reincarnated. Sometimes these guides need to reveal how they died, a message they have for someone they left behind, or being able to learn a lesson through you.
As an example, one of these guides I attracted had always been rather wimpy in life and really regretted it. Well, at times I tend to be a bit wimpy myself so we worked on this together. In the process we both learned to be stronger and he was able to move on. I call these types of guides “lower guides” though there’s nothing low about them; they’re just lower on the spirit guide totem pole than the others.
How Long Do They Stay?
Middle and lower guides come and go, but the higher ones are always the same throughout your life. There aren't many of them and they watch over us, kind of like flocks of sheep. When you're born you're appointed a very high guide that stays with you like a parent. The middle and lower guides usually stick around while you're going through something new in your life and during trying times and lower guides come and go quickly. In fact, some just pass through for a moment.
If you want to know who your spirit guides are, what messages they have for you, and how they can help you, get your Spirit Guide Reading today!
Wearing jewelry that has your zodiac star stone in it can help to increase the positive energies of your specific sign while reducing the negative aspects of it. You also have the energies of the stone itself working for you, so this is a double whammy. Very powerful stuff!
If you take a look online you'll probably find a dozen different charts that show various gemstones for your sign. I really like the Star Stones best and they've worked well for me and my friends, clients and loved ones over the years. As always, use your best judgement and intuition when choosing the right stone for you.
New Zodiac Sign?
I don’t include the “newly added” zodiac sign Ophiuchus, nor have I changed any dates. There are a few reasons for this. One, Ophiuchus isn’t a new sign since the Babylonians tossed this sign out 2,000 years ago. Also, we use a Western zodiac that follows the seasons, not the sidereal zodiac used by Vedic astrologers in India. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?
Best Types Of Jewelry
I’m often asked if it matters what type of jewelry you wear to get the most benefit of the stone’s energy. What I’ve found is…
Zodiac Star Stones
And there you, a list of the zodiac star stones and where you should wear your stone for best results. Very soon I'll have to write a post on each stone and the energies it can offer you.
They say if you want to be happy you simply have to act happy. But is this enough? I don't think so. You might be buried under debt, health problems, relationship issues, or have simply gotten into the habit of thinking negatively. It's really easy to see the glass as half empty.
How can you be happy when you've got so many obstacles in your life?
Interestingly enough, studies have shown that if you think positive rather than negative then life is much happier and you're more able to find solutions to problems. It all comes back to you What we give out we receive, so if you're giving out happy vibes then those will come back to you. You'll find that more opportunities come your way and that life isn't nearly as gray as you once thought it was. Makes sense, right? A good life filled with good people, good health, and enough money is what makes people happy.
So how can you get into this positive mindset?
Through meditation. How to meditate There are many ways to meditate and no one way is better than the next. All I do when life is getting the best of me or when I need some guidance is to take a time out. I go into my room, light a few candles and incense, put on a nature CD then sit on my bed and close my eyes.
For a few minutes I just focus on my breathing and consciously relax every part of my body. When I feel good and relaxed I ask my spirit guides to help me with a current problem, or the strength to not wring someone's neck if they've really upset me. Yes, meditation is great for overcoming anger!
Sometimes I receive pictures in my mind or words, other times it's just a "knowing" as to how to solve a problem, and at times I don't get anything but do feel confident that I'll get the information I need when the Universe is ready.
How meditation makes you happy
Being happy really is a frame of mind, but you need to get into that mindset and then recall how you got to that point until it becomes habit. This is why meditation is so helpful. When you're feeling negative it causes stress in your mind, body, and soul. When you're stressed you feel negative. It's a vicious circle and meditation can break it. As you meditate you relax and this opens up doorways to possibilities that you can't find when you're tightly closed off by negativity.
Does this mean that you're going to feel happy 24/7 if you meditate?
Not a chance! We're human, at least while on Earth, and life is tough. Not to mention you've got all of these chemicals and hormones running around inside you and things happening externally that can affect your mood. But, I can guarantee that if you meditate just for a few minutes each day you will be happier in all areas of your life.
Every one of my clients that meditates emails me to say how amazing they feel when they do it and how they feel lost, lazy, depressed and negative when they stop. It won't happen over night Your life didn't get to where it is over night and it won't change that quickly either. Think of it like digging a ditch. You've been digging for awhile and you're used to being in this ditch, but meditation will help you to fill the negative ditch up and get you back on a happier path in life.
It's a matter of choices
Every day you're faced with dozens of choices and those choices you make get you to where you'll be tomorrow and years from now. So, every decision you made in the past got you to where you are at this point in time. Yes, you can say that outside influences caused your problems, but in reality it was the choices you made. That's really hard for most people to accept, but once you do it's very freeing!
If you made bad choices yesterday then guess what?
You can make good choices today and tomorrow. By taking the time to meditate and think about who you are, what you have, and what you truly want and need, you'll be loosening yourself up and opening doorways of possibility. Start meditating about some basic changes you want to make in your life. If you refuse to make changes then you'll just keep living the life you have at the moment. However, just a few minutes of meditation each day can help you discover true happiness.
If you need some help finding your way out of a current situation, if you want to know what good changes await you, or if you have a problem or goal you need guidance on, a psychic reading can really help. Click here to look over my general psychic readings then choose the one that fits your situation.
Do you think that happiness is simply a mindset or is it more than that? If you've ever meditated, did you have a good experience? Was it easy? Do you do it regularly? If not, why? I'd love to get your feedback!
What Is An Aura?
The aura is an energy field normally extending between three to six feet from your body. If your aura is very strong it can reach out even greater distances. Gandhi's aura was said to extend several miles! On the other hand, if you've been through a lot of trauma and negativity in your life, your aura can become very weak, small, and filled with holes. It can even develop an outer shell that prevents anything positive from entering or exiting your aura field.
If you’ve ever felt there was a curse put on you, that bad luck follows you everywhere you go, that nothing good happens, or that your past will always haunt you, this is a good indication that your aura is in bad shape. A healthy aura attracts positive people and opporutnities. When your aura is in good condition you usually feel happy, at peace, and can find solutions to your problems. The condition of other peoples auras can affect you too.
You've Sensed Auras Before
I won't get into information about tests done to show or prove that auras exist, or go into long details about what it the aura is exactly. I'm a firm believer in keeping things simple! You can read book after book on any subject, but we all know the most important part of any skill is actually doing it.
But I can bet you’ve felt auras many times before. Have you ever been alone in a room and felt as if someone is standing in back of you? Perhaps you look and nobody’s there—this could point to a spirit or residual energy left from a living person. Maybe you see someone walk into the room moments after you felt their energy, or you look up and see someone staring at you from across the restaurant. This shows how strong the human energy field is. What you want to learn to do is create the most positive energy possible.
Good Vibes and Bad Vibes
Although I just mentioned the fact that you may have felt people’s energy before, perhaps you still aren’t convinced. Think about some people you've met in the past or currently know; the ones who have that attractive quality you just can't put your finger on. They may not be the most beautiful people, but they draw others to them like ants to sugar. You feel happy when around them, energized, light.
Then there are people who just give you the creeps to be around. Again, you can't put a name on why you feel that way, but usually we say they give off "bad vibes." And that's just it! The person is giving off bad vibes. Later you may find out you were right all along. The person did something that was mean, sneaky, or even criminal! You are sensing their aura field!
Although not everyone believes in chakras, and some people don't know much about them, I like to think of them as energy centers in our body, soul, and mind. They function as energy transformers, taking the energy from the environment and our own thoughts and emotions, and transporting it into and around our body. You can also take your own chakra energy and focus it outward to others--for the good, I hope!
I won't get into anything lengthy here, but the function, location and colors of the seven major chakras are:
location: crown of the head
colors : white or indigo
functions : Divine connection and communication
location : third eye, center of forehead
color : purple
functions : intuition, psychic center
location : throat
color : blue
functions : communication, sharing information, soul expression of desires
location : heart
colors : green, pink, or gold
functions : healing energy, loving relationships
location : solar plexus
color : yellow
functions : Mental, intellectual, self esteem, power
location : abdomen
color : orange
functions : feelings of self and others, creativity
location : lower hips and genital area
color : red
What I like to do is once a week or whenever I feel the need, I go to a quiet place and close my eyes, tuning in to each of my chakras. As you do this, think about each one and see how it "feels" to you. Does one chakra seem very bright or dim? What images do you get of each chakra? Sometimes we can tell where we need healing or where to pay more attention by tuning into our chakras!
If you have problems in various areas of your life, take a look at which chakra that relates to. This will give you a good idea of where you should be focusing your healing program.
As an example, I have one client who's a sex addict. When I scanned her chakras (before I knew this about her) I saw that her Root Chakra was wide open and like a blinking beacon saying, "HERE I AM!" I mentioned this and what it could pertain to and we begam working on her past and past life issues that caused this.
Another client was very overweight and hid his low self-esteem by being the clown. His second and fourth chakras had actually switched positions! So, his heart chakra was orange because he so desperately wanted people to accept him. And, his second chakra in his abdomen (where he carried most of his weight) was green, showing that it needed healing.
If you haven't thought about chakras before, or were intrigued but unsure, just think of them as colored energy centers. This makes it a lot easier to understand and much easier to work with them.